Institut La Garrotxa has a long tradition in international projects and stays abroad in VET, Higher Education and Bachelor.
As it is specified in the PEC (Educational Project in the Centre), some of the goals of the linguistic project of the school are the following:
- Improve the knowledge of English as a lingua franca and French as the second foreign language.
- Encourage the knowledge and the use of the languages as a bond with the society and not as discrimination.
In addition, the following aims also want to be achieved:
The high school occupies 12 buildings with a total of 8,714 square meters and it has classrooms, workshops, meeting rooms and other rooms useful for exchanges.
- Promote the internship abroad to improve the students’ CV and knowledge. It is also an instrument of personal growth.
- Promote the exchange of knowledge and good practice with other organizations.
- Internationalize the centre, as an improving tool.
SECONDARY EDUCATION AND BACHELOUR
From the 90s our high school has participated in Comenius and has also worked with exchanges with other countries to practice English and French. Moreover, it has promoted stays with foreign families to stimulate the use of the language and know another culture. See the grid below.
From 1992 when the transnational courses financed by the Working Department started, our high school has received and also sent students to work in foreign companies. See the grid below.
Some years later, our high school started with exchanges organized for Higher Education students. See the grid below.
Not only have students participated in exchanges but also teachers in our school have:
- IVOLVE (2004-2007). This project worked with the optimal combination of educative methods for the vocational studies.
- I2i (2008-2009). In this project a manual for the organization and participation in international projects for companies, students and teachers was got.
Links of interest
|Acomiadament dels alumnes de l'intercanvi de Thuir. [International projects]Dilluns, 22 de Febrer del 2016|
El divendres 19 de febrer, els alumnes de frances de 2n d'ESO han acomiadat els seus corresponents de Thuir amb qui han passat tres dies molt interessants i divertits.... Read more
|Stays abroad by institut la garrotxa students during the academic year 2014-2015.[International projects]Dimecres, 22 d'Octubre del 2014|
Last summer several vocational training students in INS La Garrotxa did different stays in companies in France, Germany and Ireland.Electromechanical maintenance and agricultural and gardener students have been in this internship between 4 and ... Read more
|OLOT-VOLVO (GÖTEBORG)[International projects]Dijous, 18 de Març del 2010|
Once again two students from the Mechanical Projects Development course (Francesc Casaponsa and Xavier Dilmé), has spent 11 weeks (Francesc) and 5 weeks (Xavier) doing an intership in VOLVO Company in Göteborg, Sweden. Th... Read more
|ESTADA EN DERRY[International projects]Dilluns, 15 de Març del 2010|
During the last two weeks in June, “Institut Garrotxa” organizes a stay in Nothern Ireland in order to consolidate the learning of English with a real experience and to know the culture and the lifestyle of a country different from ours.&... Read more
|INTERCAMBIO LINGHEMSKOLAN[International projects]Dimecres, 03 de Març del 2010|
Between the 15th and the 19th of February fourteen Baccelour students and two teachers did an Exchange with the High School Linghemskölan in Sweden. During our stay, students and teachers lived with Swedish families and had the opportunity ... Read more